Thursday, February 24, 2005
Support the 30 Hour Famine!
I want to give everyone a heads up about something that's really important to me...

Together with my youth group at Evangel I will be participating in World Vision's 30 Hour Famine. On March 18-19 we'll be going without food for 30 hours to get a taste of hunger and raise money to feed starving children all over the world. Did you know that every day 29,000 children die from hunger! But they don't have to. Hunger is totally preventable, and we can do something about it simply by raising the money needed to get the resources to the people who need them most. Through World Vision it only costs $1 to feed a hungry child for one day! That's only $30 per month, and only $360 to feed a child for a whole year! As you can see, every dollar makes a difference.

I would ask you to prayerfully consider joining me in this effort to make a difference in this world. I've made it easy for you to contribute. Simply go to my personal Famine Fundraising Website where you can easily and safely send money to World Vision on my behalf with only a credit card. Or if you prefer, you can send a check to me made out to "World Vision" to:

Mike Clawson
2s763 Winchester Cir E #4
Warrenville, IL 60555

Also, to learn more about World Vision, visit their website or the official 30 Hour Famine website.

Thank you so much for your support in this. And remember, any size gift is appreciated because every dollar counts!


P.S. In the time it took you to read this, 40 children died from hunger!
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 4:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: