Tuesday, March 15, 2005
SNOWBLAST 2005
I've posted a lot of Snowblast pictures to share. We had some fun and very memorable times. It was a good trip overall, though I was disappointed at times by the lack of spiritual focus among the group. I think the main problem is our lack of strong student leadership at the moment. None of our older students really put much effort into setting the tone or providing an example for the rest of the group, and thus the immature ones in the group ended up dominating. This was especially evident during our traditional Saturday night sharing time, when they just could not be serious.

Nonetheless, I think good did happen that weekend, and I very much enjoyed having one more chance to spend quality time with all these kids who I love so much. It's going to be so weird to say good-bye to them in just three weeks. It seems surreal that we're almost done. I'm not ready to leave SHINE. I still care about the kids way too much.
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 11:04 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 3/22/2005 09:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Awww, i almost cried when i saw all those pictures! I'm so jealous- i wanted to go to Snowblast so badly! I think it's great that you got to spend some more quality time with everyone before you have to say goodbye! Being so far away, i still find it hard to believe! It doesn't seem quite real. I'll be back for a few weeks this summer (July) so i hope i can spend some time with you & Julie and your little one! Much Love!!

<3 Jill

 

At 3/22/2005 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

Hey Jill,

If we're still here in the Chicago area by July we'll definitely look forward to seeing you again.

:-)

Mike

 

At 3/26/2005 08:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

any ideas of what you're going to do with yourselves? I never talk to you anymore, you're never online! ~Jilly