Thursday, November 09, 2006
Busy Week
This past week has been very busy. Last weekend I flew out to Seattle for the Revolution Conference with Off the Map (more on that later). I stayed a little afterwards so I could visit some old friends in the Northwest (which involved driving from Seattle down to Salem, Oregon through the most unrelenting, torrential rain I have ever seen).

Then, the day after I got back, I got to audition at a test taping for a new TV show called "Ask God" by the TLN network based in Aurora. Basically they do "man-on-the-street" interviews inviting people to ask God any question they want, and then a panel of clergy and theologians try to respond and discuss. About 20 of us were there for the test taping, and apparently they'll invite about 8 of us back to do the actual shows. It was a fun experience, though it was definitely framed for a more conservative evangelical audience. I told them that if they needed some controversy to stir it up and keep it interesting I'd be happy to play the relativistic, postmodern heretic. ;)

The other panelists were interesting. There were theology profs from Wheaton and Moody, an apologist who specializes in challenging cults, a guy from Jews for Jesus, and several African American pastors from the city among others.

And, as if I didn't already hit the ground running, today I participated in a planning meeting for the 2008 Congress on Urban Ministry put on by the Seminary Consortium for Urban Pastoral Education. I was there at the request of Tony Jones as a representative for Emergent Village. I got to meet several interesting people there (I love networking) though I'm not sure just how valuable my input was. I'll write more on this later as well.

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 11:54 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11/13/2006 08:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey =)

Thanks for driving through our torrential rain for four hours to come see Jess and I. It was really good to see you. One of my favorite thing about seeing old friends is that sometimes they remind me of pieces of who I am that I had forgotten about. "The search for self-justification makes genius's of us all..." Its been a long time since that conversation in Fischer Lobby. I had totally forgotten about that. (Though I still have many of those genius-like qualities.)

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you!

cz