Wednesday, June 06, 2007
There's Something About Jesus
Kullervo over at Sailing to Byzantium has been keeping an exceptionally raw and honest account of his current spiritual journey and questioning. I've appreciated the unapologetic way that he lays out his discomfort both with Christianity and with atheism. Recently he had a great post that spoke to why he just keeps being drawn to Jesus despite himself. I found myself resonating with what he writes as well:

Here’s the thing: I find Jesus compelling.

The things he taught, the way he taught them, the way he treated people- he was something special, and it makes “special” sound like a lame word. There’s something about Jesus, something different. Something big, and something important. There is something about him that makes me want to find out as much about him as I can, and makes me want to try to be like him and follow the things he taught.


Click here to read the rest of this post.
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 2:47 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 6/06/2007 09:56:00 PM, Blogger 97th Infantry Division Field Artillery

Great Post. I wish we all seen things like this. Feels really good to read something so simple.

Thanks,

John