Sunday, February 01, 2009
Journeyer article in the Austin paper
Kellye Hancock-Phillips, one of the youth leaders at our church, Journey Imperfect Faith Community, had a good article in the Austin American-Statesman yesterday about her personal faith-transformations over the past decade or so. She does a good job of describing the kind of journey many of us have been on in regards to "authenticating" our faith, finding a bigger God, and learning what it means to really follow Jesus with our whole lives. She writes:
Christianity was simple with clear-cut answers. I believed that God didn't necessarily live at the church, but I could certainly find God there. Within a few short years of living outside this incubator, I began to learn that my God did exist in a box. By the time I graduated from college, God had begun a slow and steady dismantling of everything I thought I believed. I've come to call it the "authenticating of my faith."

Click here to read the rest.
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 3:45 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 2/03/2009 09:55:00 AM, Blogger gerbmom

thanks for posting that. :)
It sounds very familiar.
Good to know we are not alone!