Sunday, January 15, 2006
What Is Church?

So I preached this morning at LifeSpring on the vision for our new church. I basically talked about three sets of images that help describe what church (in general, not just our church) is and is not.
1. Church is a Celebration... Not a Full Service Gas Station
2. Church is a Family... Not a Country Club
3. Church is a Fellowship on a Quest... Not a Fortress

You can download the whole text of the sermon here (hopefully the link will work this time).

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 10:56 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 1/17/2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger dan

Mike,

I can't seem to download this sermon either. Is it just me? Certainly building the anticipation. :)

Please tell Fran 'hi' if you see him.

peace,
Dan

 

At 1/17/2006 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

Sorry guys, I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I'll keep working on it.

-Mike

 

At 1/23/2006 08:07:00 PM, Blogger dan

Yea! It worked. Thanks Mike.

 

At 1/24/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger M James

Mike,
Really enjoyed the sermon. I could easily attend a church where that type of sermon was preached.
One question though, you talk about the Assyrians in your sermon and I just wanted clarification: The Assyrians worshipped Ashur (or practiced Ashurism) until about 256 A.D. Even though some Judeo-Christianity started creeping in about 15-33 A.D. Maybe I took what you said incorrectly (my remembrance of world history is waning) but I thought you made mention that Assyria converted and started worshipping God. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Once again, I really enjoyed it.

Michael