Saturday, March 04, 2006
A Revolution of Love


I'm preaching again tomorrow morning. I've decided to speak on a Lenten theme of fasting, but with a prophetic spin. I'll be talking about the Isaiah 58 concept of true fasting, how God desires compassion for the poor and oppressed more than he desires sacrifices and fasts. However, my point won't just be to give everyone guilt trips for being wealthy suburban Americans. Rather I want to invite everyone into a revolutionary way of love, a way that practices God's economy of generous sharing and celebration.

And yes, I'll be sharing several of Shane's stories and borrowing material from several of his talks. I'll even be showing several clips off his Another World Is Possible DVD/CD resource.

If you'd like to read the whole text of my sermon together with powerpoint slides, you can download it here.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 10:41 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 3/14/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger WarePhreak Wyncoop

Read the material and found it coming in strong despite the comments including yourself as not having reached this ideal. Hopefully, it came across softer when presented.

Despite that I still liked it overall. It was definitely a challenge to "normal" life.

I want to borrow the "Another World Is Possible" resource from you so I can see it in it's entirety.

 

At 3/14/2006 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

I too hope that my words came across more humble in person. Nonetheless, I don't doubt that parts of my sermon "came on strong". I think that's unavoidable when talking about topics that question and challenge our entire way of life. I suppose most people would have said the biblical prophets came on pretty strong too. :)

You're more than welcome to borrow the AWIP DVD/CD. I'll get it to you on Thursday.