Thursday, September 14, 2006
Put away the flippin' checkbook!
Okay, so I was reading this free newspaper for young adults that is published here in Chicagoland (it's called Beep, believe it or not), and they had this great article that was ranting about people who pay with personal checks in the checkout line. You can read the article here.

This is a topic I have often ranted about myself. Whenever I'm trying to pick the shortest line at the grocery store, I always have to make sure that the people in front of me don't already have their checkbook out, or are not little old ladies (who almost invariably pay with checks). Do these people not realize that paying with check takes ridiculously longer than any other form of payment? Are they so phobic about technology that they simply cannot bring themselves to make the leap over to a debit card? (There's a reason they call them "check cards".) They've been around for over a decade now, for goodness sakes. They're not that newfangled.

Anyhow, I'm glad to know that other people share my crankiness about check-payers. Check out the article, it's pretty funny.
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 9:46 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: