Monday, January 22, 2007
A Dream or a Nightmare?
I was listening to the Progressive talk radio station here in Chicago the other day, and one of the callers suggested his pick for a Presidential "Dream Team". I suspect whether you consider this a dream or a nightmare will probably depend on which way you lean. Here are his picks:


President:
Al Gore






Vice President:
Barack Obama






Secretary of State:
Hillary Clinton






Secretary of Defense:
Gen. Wesley Clark






Secretary of Health & Human Services:
John Edwards






Secretary of Commerce:
Ralph Nader





What about you? Who would be your top picks (for either side)?

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 10:07 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 1/23/2007 03:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Man, you and I are funny. We care about this stuff. I don't know about you, but i do like Obama. He's real, he's honest, he's fresh.

However, he needs someone to help him win the south..who might it be? I think its Edwards. Yep, you heard it here first. Yet, a Gore Obama card is not out of the odds yet.

I am surprised you didn't mention HIllary. She'll be in there. She can't afford to wait another 8 years. And she'd be a liability for Obama.

Guess we'll see.

 

At 1/23/2007 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

I did mention Hillary. She was Secretary of State (which would be a much better position for her than President, IMHO).

An Obama/Edwards ticket would be pretty cool. Both of them have experience and passion for poverty issues.

But frankly I doubt whether any Democratic candidate can win the South these days. Even Gore couldn't win his home state of Tennessee. The Religious Right just has too strong of a foothold down there. Frankly I think the South is a loss and any Democratic candidate is just going to have to win without it. But I think Obama can do that. I think he has a good shot of winning the key swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida. If he can win those, AND all the ones Kerry won in 2004, he's got it - with or without the South.

 

At 1/24/2007 02:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Ah yes, i see her now! And i would quite imagine you are right; however, I am not so sure Hillary would go for that role. Afterall, "she's in and in to win".

I still have hope for the South...maybe its emerging

peace...
jc