Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Justice Bra Part 2
Part 2 of Julie's "Search for the Justice Bra" is up on the God's Politics blog. The comments on both parts of her post have been "amusing", especially the Jr. High-ish way some of the guys there can't seem to read the word "bra" without snickering and making crude jokes - or the way others will seize on any opportunity to take a mean-spirited jab at progressive Christians, i.e. those of us who care about things like the environment and economic justice.

Anyhow, on a totally unrelated note, my stinking computer is still not working properly, even after reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows. Grrrr!

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 2:31 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 8/05/2007 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Derek Berner

I feel your pain, Mike. Wynderz is pretty awful sometimes.

Now, if you're truly sick of Windows, and you have a working CD burner, I'd like to offer up my own brand of evangelism and suggest you check out Ubuntu for your computer:

http://www.ubuntu.org/

The investment isn't permanent; you can always go dual-boot and remove Ubuntu later if you don't end up liking it. But I think that if you give it a try for a few weeks you won't want to go back. But hey, no pressure, it's totally your call ;-)

 

At 8/05/2007 05:35:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

Thanks Derek, though as it turns out the problem was a fried mother board (power surge). Fortunately I had bought the 3-yr warranty, so it's currently up at BestBuy HQ either being fixed or replaced. I should have it back in a few weeks. Until then I'm stuck using Julie's computer.

 

At 8/05/2007 06:07:00 PM, Blogger Derek Berner

Bummer. I've had a couple fried motherboards actually. It's actually quite amazing how unreliable computers can be sometimes. I still stand by my support of Ubuntu though.