Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I Am One of Them
A new friend, David Fisher, from the Emergent Gathering had this to say about it:

I had this horrific thought that those attempting to slay the emerging church as if they were the evil dragon of the land might have some validity in their passion against us.

I'm thankful to know that I was wrong.

I have encountered a people here that are passionate about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I have engaged with people who with great desperation want to see the Kingdom of God realized here on earth.

I have not found what people fear here.

I have found a people wanting to move forward in hope, in life, and and in love, all in the name of our Saviour.

I have found people who live their faith more holistically than most people I've known. Their whole lives, from what they eat, drink, eat, speak, wear, breathe, and how they engage with others, is a reflection (or an attempted heartfelt reflection) of Jesus.

Raw, flawed, and beautiful. Passionate, desperate, and humble. Gracious, giving, and hope-filled. These are the people of Emergent and I identify with them.


I agree. That is what I have found in the Emergent conversation as well, and why I am not ashamed to call myself one of them.

Read the rest of David's reflections here.

For some great pictures of the Gathering and the people of Emergent (including some cute ones of Emma), click here.

For Julie's reflections on the Gathering, click here.

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 5:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: