Friday, October 19, 2007
Truthiness & Justice For All


I may need to change who I support for President. Tuesday night Stephen Colbert of Comedy Central's Colbert Report announced his candidacy (as both a Republican and a Democrat, and only in South Carolina).

He also had an Op-Ed piece in Sunday's New York Times that had a few hilarious quotes:

"A lot of Americans feel confused about the current crop of presidential candidates.

For instance, Hillary Clinton. I can’t remember if I’m supposed to be scared of her so Democrats will think they should nominate her when she’s actually easy to beat, or if I’m supposed to be scared of her because she’s legitimately scary.

Or Rudy Giuliani. I can’t remember if I’m supposed to support him because he’s the one who can beat Hillary if she gets nominated, or if I’m supposed to support him because he’s legitimately scary."
and
"Winning the Nobel Prize does not automatically qualify you to be commander in chief. I think George Bush has proved definitively that to be president, you don’t need to care about science, literature or peace."
and
"Look at the moral guidance I offer. On faith: “After Jesus was born, the Old Testament basically became a way for Bible publishers to keep their word count up.” On gender: “The sooner we accept the basic differences between men and women, the sooner we can stop arguing about it and start having sex.” On race: “While skin and race are often synonymous, skin cleansing is good, race cleansing is bad.” On the elderly: “They look like lizards.”"
and the best of the bunch:
"It’s clear that the voters are desperate for a white, male, middle-aged, Jesus-trumpeting alternative."

Yep, Vote Colbert '08! (if you live in South Carolina)

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 10:23 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 10/19/2007 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Brandy Daniels

or you can write him in as a candidate if you live in another state :-)

 

At 10/19/2007 04:10:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

If my favorite candidates have dropped out by the time the primaries get to Illinois, I might just do that. :)