Tuesday, October 07, 2008
The Righteous Cause for Which She Stands?
For those concerned about some of the over-the-top Obamessiah rhetoric to be found out there, rest assured that it exists on the right as well. I just recently got invited to a Facebook group called "Sarah Palin Prayer Covering". Here's the group description:
Dear Sarah Palin Supporter,

America is at a crossroad. The pro-choice liberal media is doing its best to pull America down the tubes. I’m sure you believe with me that Sarah Palin, like Esther in the Bible, has been brought onto our political scene for "such a time as this". While we’re ecstatic about John McCain's choice, we can't sit idly by and allow the forces of darkness to assault Sarah Palin and the righteous cause for which she stands! We need to build a WALL OF PROTECTION through prayer.
Yes, Sarah Palin is just like Esther. After all, they both participated in "beauty pagents" didn't they? ;)

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 5:52 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 10/07/2008 08:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

my personal opportunity for spiritual growth in all of this election cycle is to refrain from spiraling down into the insanity of resentment and just generally being pissed off - and knowing the difference between being pissed off without awareness of my own shadows and fears, and the righteous anger of prophetic insight and outrage.

basically, i think sarah palin's a punk. is that righteous anger from the lord, or is it my own crap?

i don't really want an answer ...

 

At 10/08/2008 06:41:00 AM, Blogger dan

O come on, Mike... don't you think she's cute?! ;)

I actually had a guy tell me that's why he's voting for her (I think he meant McCain) the other day. I thought he was kidding, but he was dead serious. I didn't even know what to say.

Btw, glad you're back to blogging regularly again.

peace.

 

At 10/08/2008 09:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

From someone who actually won a "prettiest queen esther"contest as a small child, i should know that palin might be a novella (form criticism category which esther fits into...ha!) but a bad, campy and poorly constructed one at that.

I have righteous fear of those who claim she will deliver them from evil...yikes!

~laurel