Saturday, April 02, 2005
Ominous Sexuality
I came across a great short story/essay at the Ooze recently that I wanted to share. Here's an excerpt:

It seems every day I hear Christians proclaim, “I’m not homophobic; I just disagree with the lifestyle.” I get weary of that excuse. It’s like saying, “I’m not saying Mexicans are lazy, they just don’t have the same work ethic we do,” or, “I’m not racist. I just wouldn’t date a black woman.”

Wake up! You’re an ethnocentric, you’re a racist, and I’m a homophobe...

But I’m not proud of it. Neither should you be. The Bible says, “Perfect love casts out fear... he who fears is not made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:7) But I am afraid. I am afraid of guilt by association: someone will see me with a queer and think I’m one of them! I’ll be pegged a closet-case or repressed or self-deluded!


To read the rest click here.
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 12:06 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: