Monday, September 18, 2006
eBible
Last month I received an invitation for a free trial of a new, online Bible site called eBible. I meant to review it before now, but I just got too busy with travel and church stuff this past month. Anyhow, it has now gone out of the beta stage and is available to anyone online (did I mention it's free).

Typically I used Bible Gateway for my online Bible needs (mainly for cutting and pasting verses into blog posts or for printing the text of our weekly readings for church; but eBible has some additional features that make it more personally customizable and useful for study (like the ability to bookmark passages you've been reading, and write your own notes next to the verses you are studying). You can also share your bookmarks and notes with friends, which makes it a useful tool for studying the Bible together online with others.

As techno-savvy as I am, it's still a little weird for me to read the Bible off a computer screen. However, with the commentaries, dictionaries, and multiple translations available online these days at sites like eBible and others, I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm sure it'll one day get to the point where I can't imagine life without it - like with Google... how did people ever find answers to random questions and obscure facts before it existed? :)
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 11:46 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 9/18/2006 03:05:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

Thanks Mike - I too usually use Bible Gateway, but I will definitely check this out. I find it useful at work when I don't have my Bible with me....