Tuesday, November 28, 2006
I knew it!
Apparently sitting up straight is actually bad for your back. According to Scottish researchers (as reported in today's Chicago Tribune), the best position while sitting at a desk is a 135-degree slouch. So after all those years of you mom and teachers telling you to "sit up straight", you can finally tell them that you're actually doing it right by slouching.

In fact, they article reported that when working on a computer, the best position is reclining in a La-Z-Boy. Ironically, since my "office" is our living room and our La-Z-Boy with the laptop on my lap is my "desk", this is exactly how I sit when I use a computer these days. I knew I was doing something right. :)

Score one for slouches and slackers!
 
posted by Mike Clawson at 7:32 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: