Wednesday, December 13, 2006
One Punk Under God
After hearing him speak at the 2003 National Youth Workers Convention and reading his book, Son of a Preacher Man, I've come to have a lot of respect for Jay Bakker, son of the infamous Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker. He leads a church in Atlanta (with branches in New York and Charlotte) called Revolution, which reaches out to punks, goths, drug addicts, gays and other societal rejects from the urban alternative subculture with a message of God's unconditional grace. I just found out that the Sundance Channel will be doing a reality tv series on him and his church called "One Punk Under God". I don't get the Sundance Channel anymore, but I think you can download the episodes from ITunes. I'll look forward to watching them. You can also read about Jay and the show here, or watch the 30-second promo below:

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: