Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Aragorn Supports Kucinich
I was listening to the Ed Schultz Show on WCPT, the progressive talk radio station here in Chicago, yesterday, and happened to catch actor Viggo Mortensen on there giving an impassioned plug for Dennis Kucinich (whom I also happen to support). You probably remember Viggo as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings. So I guess one could say that the King of Gondor is a Kucinich supporter. Quite an endorsement! :-)



















(And just for the record, I supported Aragorn over Sauron too.)

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 5:20 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At 1/16/2008 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Mike Stavlund

What is Kucinich doing with his hands? Is he holding some kind of Sauron-esque magical orb?

 

At 1/16/2008 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

Maybe he's creating a "ring of power" with his fingers. ;)

 

At 1/16/2008 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

(And just for the record, I supported Aragorn over Sauron too.)

I don't think I ever really learned enough about Sauron to make an informed opinion; we hear from the people who claim to speak for him and from people who are clearly biased against him, but never from Sauron himself. ;-)

 

At 1/16/2008 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I dunno. Sauron's voting record isn't too good. I mean, I totally disagree with his whole attempt to consolidate and strengthen executive power. Totally uncool.