Monday, April 07, 2008
Everything Must Change Tour Round-up
I spent this past weekend helping to coordinate the Everything Must Change Tour in Chicago. I love doing this sort of thing, helping plans come together and networking with new and old friends. Of course I've gotten very little sleep, spent yesterday mostly recovering from the event (I think I'm coming down with something), and today I have to get caught up on work that was put off for the conference, so I probably won't post a full recap of the event until tomorrow. In the meantime here are some articles and reviews on other blogs that you should check out if you're curious:

First an article written just before the conference in Oak Park's Wednesday Journal that I was interviewed for. I got to meet the author, Tom Holmes, briefly at the conference.

As usual Helen has a great play-by-play review of the conference. (And she gets the credit for the picture above. I forgot to bring my camera.)

Also check out some of Jason's raw notes on the sessions.

Chad Farrand, leader of the Mid-Michigan cohort whom I met for the first time this weekend, has a good recap of his experience as well.

And for a totally unique, very personal take in her usual "wonderfully rambling" style, check out my friend Rebecca's posts.

Also, regardless of whether you were there, you can contribute to this revolution and share ideas about how to bring real change over at the Everything Must Change web community.

And if you live near Seattle, Kansas City, Goshen IN, or New York City it's not too late to sign up to attend the Tour yourself.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 12:36 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At 4/07/2008 02:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks for the link Mike, and good to chat with you even if it was brief. I know my friend Glenn and I are interested in helping form a cohort closer to the IL-WI border. We each host a house church and know it could include many others who arent necessarily looking for a "church change"

Great job with the conference and looking forward to more things like this in the area.

 

At 4/07/2008 11:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I hope you share some of your thoughts on the conference. I know you've read my thoughts already. I really did think it was good - I'm glad the message is being carried all across the US and more and more conversations are happening because of it. Good stuff.