Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Back from the Castle

We had our third and final Via Christus retreat at the Stronghold this weekend. This was the beginning of the end for our church, a final chance to be together as friends, look back at where God has brought us in the past few years and look forward to where he is leading each of us now. We will be meeting six more weeks for Sunday church gatherings, but from here on out our community begins to scatter and dwindle as many of our members move out of the area for various reasons.

It was a bittersweet time, a fun and relaxing experience, but also sad to think this part of our journey together is drawing to a close.

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 12:43 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 5/20/2008 01:12:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

Hey Mike,
Can you email me a full size of this picture? Thanks!

 

At 5/20/2008 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Pat L

Hi Mike -

As I emailed you also, I've been through this and know some of what you're feeling. My prayers are with each of you, that God directs you in the days ahead!

 

At 5/20/2008 02:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I hope you are able to find a supportive community in your new home, and that the people of your present community are able to find new faith communities where they can flourish.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but a recent John Stackhouse blog post on epistemology reminded me of some of the discussions I've had with you, Mike, on the subject. I thought you might appreciate some of what he says.

http://stackblog.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/im-certain-that-there-are-two-kinds-of-certainty/#more-131

This would be the point in the conversation where I'd cite Stackhouse as an example of reasonable evangelicalism - the evangelicalism I still at least somewhat identify with - and you'd remind me that Stackhouse isn't representative of typical conservative evangelicals.