Sunday, February 24, 2008
Books to Read
After this weekend at Baylor, one of the things I realized is that I really need to pick up the pace of my reading. As it is now, I rarely find the time to sit down and actually read the books piling up on my shelf. I need to start getting back in the habit though if I'm going to survive in doctoral studies. This may mean blogging less than I do now (or at least reading fewer blogs).

Anyhow, I want to get through some of the books I've been meaning to read for a while now and then move on to more academic works that are in the field I want to study. Here's what's on my immediate list:

Rising from the Ashes: Rethinking Church, by Becky Garrison




The New Atheist Crusaders and Their Unholy Grail: The Misguided Quest to Destroy Your Faith, by Becky Garrison



The New Christians: Dispatches from the Emergent Frontier, by Tony Jones




Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church, by N.T. Wright



Speaking of Faith: Why Religion Matters--and How to Talk About It, by Krista Tippett



The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible, by A.J. Jacobs



I Am America (And So Can You!), by Stephen Colbert



Forty Signs of Rain, by Kim Stanley Robinson




The Social Gospel of Jesus, by Bruce Malina




The New Conspirators: Creating the Future One Mustard Seed at a Time, by Tom Sine



The Old Religion in a New World: The History of North American Christianity, by Mark Noll

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 6:53 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 2/24/2008 09:14:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

Stephen Colbert's book was excellent.