Monday, February 11, 2008
Douche-bag of the Week Award
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senators Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."
-Mitt Romney on why he's suspending his campaign

So a vote for Clinton or Obama is a vote for terrorism according to Mitt? What an asshole.

I think Jon Stewart said it best.

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 2:00 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 2/11/2008 07:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

hahaha! the title itself is priceless.

 

At 2/13/2008 08:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Funny video, and I agree that what Romney said was stupid. But is it appropriate, for a Christian, to call him a "douche-bag" and an "asshole"? That just seems immature and wrong. Is that what we call people who disagree with us politically?

 

At 2/13/2008 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Mike Clawson

Political disagreement is one thing, but when a national leader says something so blatantly offensive and absurd sometimes the only appropriate response is mockery. And terms like "douche-bag" and "asshole" are no worse than "white washed tombs" or "brood of vipers" in my opinion.