Monday, February 11, 2008
Nearest Book Meme
I got memed again. Here are the “rules.”

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

It's hard for me not to cheat since I'm sitting next to my bookshelf and all of them are roughly the same distance to me. However I guess technically the book currently closest to me is The Great Awakening: Reviving Faith & Politics in a Post-Religious Right America by Jim Wallis.



Here is my selection:

"There are a variety of proposals that might work, but a new principle of health as a human right must guide us. Jesus made healing a principal sign of his ministry and of the presence of the kingdom of God. From a biblical point of view, it is simply wrong when health becomes a commodity and accessibility depends upon wealth."


I'm not going to tag anyone though. If you want to play, just go for it.

Labels:

 
posted by Mike Clawson at 5:55 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: